From California Natives Wiki
Species Name: Triteleia hyacinthina
Common Name: White Brodiaea
- Area these are planted in should be moist in winter and spring, then dry in the summer to avoid bulb rot). Beautiful flowering spring bulb, get for meadow area. Fabuluous planted under Cercis occidentalis (western Redbud) or Ceanothus species.
- Plant Family: Amaryllidaceae
- Plant Type: Bulb
- Height by Width: 1'-3'h
- Growth Habit: Upright flowering bulb
- Deciduous/Evergreen: Deciduous
- Growth Rate: Fast
- Sun Exposure: Sun
- Soil Preference: Sand or clay
- Water Requirements: Semi-dry
- Cold Hardy to: To 6,000'
- Flower Season: April to July
- Flower Color: White to pale blue
- Endangered?: Not Listed
- Distribution: Northwestern CA, Cascade Range, Sierra Nevada, Great Central Valley, northern and central portions of Central CA; also north to B.C. and Idaho
- Natural Habitat: Grassland, vernally wet meadows
- Care and Maintenance
- Other Names
- Bornstein, Carol, David Fross, and Bart O'Brien. California Native Plants for the Garden. Los Olivos, CA: Cachuma Press. 2005.