From California Natives Wiki
Species Name: Salvia brandegei
Common Name: Brandegee's Sage
- A rare sage found only on Santa Rosa Island. Vigorous and easy to grow. Tolerates clay soil.
- Plant Family: Lamiaceae
- Plant Type: Perennial
- Height by Width: 6' H x 6' W
- Growth Habit: Mounding
- Deciduous/Evergreen: Semi-evergreen
- Growth Rate: Fast
- Sun Exposure: Full to part sun
- Soil Preference: Adaptable
- Water Requirements: Drought-tolerant to occasional
- Cold Hardy to: Frost tender
- Flower Season: Spring
- Flower Color: Pale blue
- Endangered?: List 1B/ RED 2-2-2
- Distribution: Santa Rosa Island
- Natural Habitat: Coastal scrub, canyons, and hills below 500'
- Care and Maintenance
- Other Names
- Bornstein, Carol, David Fross, and Bart O'Brien. California Native Plants for the Garden. Los Olivos, CA: Cachuma Press. 2005.