Rhamnus californica 'Leatherleaf'
From California Natives Wiki
Species Name: Rhamnus californica 'Leatherleaf'
Common Name: Leatherleaf Coffeeberry
- An excellent shrub for part shade with occasional summer water. Dark green leaves are rolled under at edges. Makes a nice foundation shrub against the north side of a house. Showy (but not edible) red-purple berries appear in fall.
- Plant Family: Rhamnaceae
- Plant Type: Shrub
- Height by Width: 8' H x 8' W
- Growth Habit: Shrub
- Deciduous/Evergreen: Evergreen
- Growth Rate: Moderate
- Sun Exposure: Full sun to shade
- Soil Preference: Adaptable
- Water Requirements: Drought-tolerant to occasional
- Cold Hardy to:
- Flower Season: Spring/Summer
- Flower Color: White
- Distribution: Selected for the garden
- Natural Habitat: Selected for the garden
- Care and Maintenance
- Other Names
- Bornstein, Carol, David Fross, and Bart O'Brien. California Native Plants for the Garden. Los Olivos, CA: Cachuma Press. 2005.