Festuca rubra 'Molate'
From California Natives Wiki
Species Name: Festuca rubra 'Molate'
Common Name: Molate red fescue
- Popular bunchgrass with beautiful, soft dark green leaves. Nice lawn alternative that can be mowed. Deep root system is excellent for slope stabilization. Best planted in cool season (fall/winter) for vigorous growth!
- Plant Family: Poaceae
- Plant Type: Grass (cool season)
- Height by Width: 8-12 in. H x spreading
- Growth Habit: Densly tufted, spreading
- Deciduous/Evergreen: Semi-evergreen
- Growth Rate: Fast
- Sun Exposure: Part sun to shade
- Soil Preference: Adaptable
- Water Requirements: Moderate to regular
- Cold Hardy to: 15 degrees F
- Flower Season: Spring
- Flower Color: Produces seed head
- Endangered?: Not Listed
- Distribution: A selection for the garden
- Natural Habitat: Sand dunes, grassland, subalpine forest below 8300'
- Care and Maintenance
- Other Names