From California Natives Wiki
Species Name: Festuca californica
Common Name: California Fescue
- Robust perennial bunch grass with beautiful blue-grey foliage. Nice in masses or as an accent.. Hardy and fast growing.
- Plant Family: Poaceae
- Plant Type: Grass (cool season)
- Height by Width: 2' H x 2' W
- Growth Habit: Bunchgrass
- Deciduous/Evergreen: Summer-dormant
- Growth Rate: Fast
- Sun Exposure: Full sun to part shade
- Soil Preference: Adaptable
- Water Requirements: Drought-tolerant to moderate
- Cold Hardy to: Frost-tolerant
- Flower Season: Spring
- Flower Color: N/A
- Endangered?: Not listed
- Distribution: North western CA, , Cascade Range, northern and central Sierra Nevada, Central Western CA, San Bernardino Mountains
- Natural Habitat: Open forest, chaparral below 5,400'
- Care and Maintenance
- Other Names
- Bornstein, Carol, David Fross, and Bart O'Brien. California Native Plants for the Garden. Los Olivos, CA: Cachuma Press. 2005.
- Harlow, Nora and Kristin Jakob. Wild Lilies, Irises, and Grasses: Gardening with California Monocots. Berkely and Los Angeles, CA: University of California Press. 2003.