Eriogonum fasciculatum 'Warriner Lytle'
From California Natives Wiki
Species Name: Eriogonum fasciculatum 'Warriner Lytle'
Common Name: Warriner Lytle buckwheat
- Very drought-tolerant; tough and easy to grow. Forage and nectar source for many butterfly species, especially Blues. Introduced by TPF.
- Plant Family: Polygonaceae
- Plant Type: Groundcover
- Height by Width: 2' H x 5' W
- Growth Habit: Low, spreading
- Deciduous/Evergreen: Evergreen
- Growth Rate: Fast
- Sun Exposure: Full sun
- Soil Preference: Adaptable
- Water Requirements: Drought-tolerant to occasional
- Cold Hardy to: 25 degrees F
- Flower Season: Summer
- Flower Color: Pink-Chocolate
- Endangered?: Not listed
- Distribution: Selected for the garden. Introduced by TPF.
- Natural Habitat: Dry slopes, washes and canyons in Coastal Sage Scrub, Chaparral, Deserts below 8000'
- Care and Maintenance
- Other Names
- Bornstein, Carol, David Fross, and Bart O'Brien. California Native Plants for the Garden. Los Olivos, CA: Cachuma Press. 2005.