From California Natives Wiki
Species Name: Ceanothus cordulatus
Common Name: Mountain Whitethorn or Snowbrush
- Dense clusters of white flowers on greyish spreading, thorny branches. Good for high elevations. Good informal low barrier plant or in front of taller shrubs. A great local native.
- Plant Family: Rhamnaceae
- Plant Type: Shrub
- Height by Width: 5' H x 5' W
- Growth Habit: Upright, spreading to ascending
- Deciduous/Evergreen: Evergreen
- Growth Rate: Moderate
- Sun Exposure: Full sun
- Soil Preference: Adaptable
- Water Requirements: Drought-tolerant to occasional
- Cold Hardy to: 10,000'
- Flower Season: Spring/Summer
- Flower Color: White
- Distribution: Klamath Range, North Cascade Range, Sierra Nevada, San Gabriel Mtns, San Bernardino, San Jacinto Mtns.
- Natural Habitat: Dry open flats or slopes, rocky ridges, open pine forest
- Care and Maintenance
- Other Names