Carpenteria californica 'Elizabeth'
From California Natives Wiki
Species Name: Carpenteria californica 'Elizabeth'
Common Name: Elizabeth Bush Anemone
- Selected for its numerous, fragrant flowers and compact growth. Dark green leaves. Deep water 3-4 times in hot summer months.
- Plant Family: Philadelphaceae
- Plant Type: Shrub
- Height by Width: 3-5' H x 3' W
- Growth Habit: Compact
- Deciduous/Evergreen: Evergreen
- Growth Rate: Moderate
- Sun Exposure: Full to part sun
- Soil Preference: Adaptable
- Water Requirements: Occasional to moderate
- Cold Hardy to:
- Flower Season: Spring/Summer
- Flower Color: White
- Distribution: Selected for the garden
- Natural Habitat: Dry granite ridges and slopes between 1200' and 4000' in Foothill Woodland and Yellow Pine Forest
- Care and Maintenance
- Other Names
- Bornstein, Carol, David Fross, and Bart O'Brien. California Native Plants for the Garden. Los Olivos, CA: Cachuma Press. 2005.