From California Natives Wiki
Species Name: Carex globosa
Common Name: Globe's Sedge
- Nice clumping sedge that is easy to grow. Spreads by runners. Good for soil stabilizing especially near seeps, ponds or streams.
- Plant Family: Cyperaceae
- Plant Type: Sedge
- Height by Width: 6-18in H x spreading
- Growth Habit: Low, dense and creeping
- Deciduous/Evergreen: Evergreen
- Growth Rate: Fast
- Sun Exposure: Part sun to shade
- Soil Preference: Adaptable
- Water Requirements: Infrequent to regular
- Cold Hardy to: 15 degrees F
- Flower Season: Spring/Summer
- Flower Color: Brown
- Endangered?: Not listed
- Distribution: North Coast Range, Outer North Coast Range, Central West, Southwestern CA
- Natural Habitat: Well drained soils of wooded areas below 4,000'
- Care and Maintenance
- Other Names
- Harlow, Nora and Kristin Jakob. Wild Lilies, Irises, and Grasses: Gardening with California Monocots. Berkely and Los Angeles, CA: University of California Press. 2003.