From California Natives Wiki
Species Name: Carex amplifolia
Common Name: Bigleaf Sedge
- Tall ornamental grass. Attractive seed heads. Good pond plant. Spreads by rhizomes. Recommended for stabilizing wet areas.
- Plant Family: Cyperaceae
- Plant Type: Sedge
- Height by Width: 4' H x spreading
- Growth Habit: Clumping, spreading
- Deciduous/Evergreen: Evergreen
- Growth Rate: Fast
- Sun Exposure: Full sun to shade
- Soil Preference: Adaptable
- Water Requirements: Regular
- Cold Hardy to: Frost tender
- Flower Season: Spring/Summer
- Flower Color: Greenish-tan
- Endangered?: Not Listed
- Distribution: Klamath Range, North Coast Ranges, High Cascade Range, High Sierra Nevada, Central Coast, San Francisco Bay Area, Modoc plateau to British Columbia, Idaho
- Natural Habitat: Seasonally wet places. Elevation: below 7200'
- Care and Maintenance
- Other Names
- Harlow, Nora and Kristin Jakob. Wild Lilies, Irises, and Grasses: Gardening with California Monocots. Berkely and Los Angeles, CA: University of California Press. 2003.