Calochortus weedii var. weedii
From California Natives Wiki
Species Name: Calochortus weedii var. weedii
Common Name: Weed's mariposa lily
- Anything but a weed, One of the most beautiful and spectacular members of the Calochortus family. Keep dry during summer!
- Plant Family: Liliaceae
- Plant Type: Bulb
- Height by Width: 2' H
- Growth Habit: Upright
- Deciduous/Evergreen: Summer dormant
- Growth Rate: Fast
- Sun Exposure: Part shade
- Soil Preference: Well-draining
- Water Requirements: Summer dry
- Cold Hardy to:
- Flower Season: Spring
- Flower Color: Yellow with maroon spreckles.
- Endangered?: Not threatened.
- Distribution: Outer South Coast Ranges, South Coast, Western Transverse Ranges, Peninsular Ranges
- Natural Habitat: Dry chaparral, often in heavy or rocky soil
- Care and Maintenance
- Other Names
- Harlow, Nora and Kristin Jakob. Wild Lilies, Irises, and Grasses: gardening with California Monocots. Berkely and Los Angeles, CA: University of California Press. 2003.