Arctostaphylos viscida ssp. mariposa
From California Natives Wiki
Botanical Name: Arctostaphylos viscida ssp. mariposa
Common Name: Mariposa Manzanita
- This beautiful manzanita is native to the Sierra Nevada. It would make a lovely specimen plant, especially in a high elevation garden. Given its native habitat, it would probably do well near or under pines.
- Plant Family: Ericaceae
- Plant Type: Shrub
- Height by Width: 10-15' H x 6-10' W
- Growth Habit: Tree-like
- Deciduous/Evergreen: Evergreen
- Growth Rate: Slow
- Sun Exposure: Full to part sun
- Soil Preference: Well-draining
- Water Requirements: Drought-tolerant
- Cold Hardy to: 5500'
- Flower Season: Winter
- Flower Color: Pink
- Distribution: Sierra Nevada
- Natural Habitat: Rocky slopes, woodland, chaparral, coniferous forest. Elevation: 1800-5500'
- Care and Maintenance
- Other Names