Arctostaphylos stanfordiana ssp. stanfordiana
From California Natives Wiki
Botanical Name: Arctostaphylos stanfordiana ssp. stanfordiana
Common Name: Napa or Zin Manzanita
- Zin manzanita is a shade and water tolerant manzanita that, although considered "difficult" by Jepson. may be a good choice for an area next to a lawn or under the shade of trees. Jepson recommends supplemental water and afternoon shade.
- Plant Family: Ericaceae
- Plant Type: Shrub
- Height by Width: 3-6' H x 4-8' W
- Growth Habit: Upright shrub
- Deciduous/Evergreen: Evergreen
- Growth Rate: Slow
- Sun Exposure: Partial sun
- Soil Preference: Well-draining
- Water Requirements: Moderate to regular
- Cold Hardy to: 4,000'
- Flower Season: Winter
- Flower Color: Deep pink
- Endangered?: Not listed
- Distribution: Central and southern portions of Outer North Coast Range
- Natural Habitat: Slopes, ridges, chaparral, from 900' - 4,000'
- Care and Maintenance
- Other Names