Arctostaphylos pringlei ssp. drupacea
From California Natives Wiki
Botanical Name: Arctostaphylos pringlei ssp. drupacea
Common Name: Manzanita
- Beautiful grey-green foliage with striking pink-red bracts that mature into pinkish-white flowers in late winter. Flowers attract hummingbirds.
- Plant Family:
- Plant Type: Shrub
- Height by Width: 16' H
- Growth Habit: Tree-like
- Deciduous/Evergreen: Evergreen
- Growth Rate: Slow
- Sun Exposure: Full sun to part shade
- Soil Preference: Well-draining
- Water Requirements: Drought-tolerant to occasional
- Cold Hardy to: 7200'
- Flower Season: Winter/Spring
- Flower Color: Pinkish-white
- Distribution: San Bernardino Mountains, Peninsular Ranges
- Natural Habitat: Rocky slopes, open coniferous forests between 3600' and 7200'
- Care and Maintenance
- Other Names