From California Natives Wiki
Botanical Name: Arctostaphylos nevadensis
Common Name: Pinemat Manzanita
- Excellent groundcover for high elevations. Prefers snowfall and freezing temperatures. Good under pines. Provides good cover and berries for wildlife. Flowers attract hummingbirds. Not recommended for coast.
- Plant Family: Ericaceae
- Plant Type: Groundcover
- Height by Width: 6in.-1' H x 8' W
- Growth Habit: Low, spreading or creeping
- Deciduous/Evergreen: Evergreen
- Growth Rate: Slow
- Sun Exposure: Full to part sun
- Soil Preference: Well-draining, acidic
- Water Requirements: Infrequent to moderate
- Cold Hardy to: -10 degrees F
- Flower Season: Winter/Spring
- Flower Color: White/Pink
- Endangered?: Not Listed
- Distribution: Klammath, High North Coast, High Cascade, High Sierra Nevada ranges to Washington.
- Natural Habitat: Rocky soils, coniferous forests. Elevation: 2700-9000'.
- Care and Maintenance
- Other Names