From California Natives Wiki
Species Name: Abronia latifolia
Common Name: Coastal or yellow sand verbena
- Yellow sand verbena grows on coastal sand dunes. In the garden it prefers good drainage and only occasional water. It tolerates full sun and salt spray on the immediate coast.
- Plant Family: Nyctaginaceae
- Plant Type: Perennial
- Height by Width: 6 in. H x 3' W
- Growth Habit: Mat-forming, trailing
- Deciduous/Evergreen: Stress-deciduous
- Growth Rate: Moderate
- Sun Exposure: Coast: Full sun
- Soil Preference: Well-draining
- Water Requirements: Occasional
- Cold Hardy to: Frost-tender
- Flower Season: Spring/Summer
- Flower Color: Yellow
- Distribution: North Coast, Central Coast, Santa Barbara Co.
- Natural Habitat: Coastal dunes and coastal scrub below 300'
- Care and Maintenance
- Other Names
- No other botanical names are identified.